שר האלפיים
תגובות: 2438
זיך איינגעשריבן אום: דאנערשטאג מאי 19, 2016 2:00 pm

• ציטיר
  • צו לייגן א דאנק דארפט איר זיין אריינגעלאגט

תגובה דורך שטאלצער יוד »

אהק האט געשריבן:
שטאלצער יוד האט געשריבן:אני הקטן?

I'm scared to answer maybe you'll think it's too Zionist :)

When we spoke a long time ago on my recording about the original thread in this forum, we discuss your profile picture. Am I right? :-)

איז עס ארץ הקודש? פליז קיק אין אישי.

וועגן מיין אוואטאר. ביסטו טאקע גערעכט. הגם איך האב געהאלטן און די עולם דא האט יא געשטיצט איך זאל האלטן מיין אוואטאר האב איך אפגעשניטן דעם דייטש, צוליב דיין בקשה.

דאס איז געווען מיין אריגענעלע אוואטאר
jude.PNG
jude.PNG (10 KiB) געזען 2911 מאל
באבל
שר מאה
תגובות: 140
זיך איינגעשריבן אום: פרייטאג מאי 29, 2015 4:18 pm

• ציטיר

תגובה דורך באבל »

בקיצור, ר' איתמר מאכט נאך אליעזר קרויס... מען גייט פאבליק אויף אייוועלט, אזוי ווערט מען פעימעס...

איך הער...
Gevald Geshrigen
שר ארבעת האלפים
תגובות: 4040
זיך איינגעשריבן אום: דאנערשטאג דעצעמבער 29, 2011 10:41 pm

• ציטיר

תגובה דורך Gevald Geshrigen »

שטיין האט געשריבן:עס באדערט ווען מען הערט ר איתמר רעדן מען זעיט אז ער האט א סך נאליטש אין ער רעדט א זעכע נארישקייטן איך בין דא איך בין דארט מיין מאמע מיין טאטע א זעכע זייטיגע נארישקייטן אז מען קען פין זינען א ראפ גיין
א שאד

סאו איז עס דיין פראבלעם.
ווער האט דיר געצווינגען עם אויסצוהערן ?
איך הער עם עכט נישט אזויפיל אבער איך ליין דורך זיינע ביזנעס ארטיקלעך אינעם המודיע און אסאך מאל האב איך גאר שטארק הנאה.
אוועטאר
שטיין
שר חמישים ומאתים
תגובות: 388
זיך איינגעשריבן אום: דאנערשטאג יוני 28, 2018 11:33 am

• ציטיר

תגובה דורך שטיין »

Gevald Geshrigen האט געשריבן:
שטיין האט געשריבן:עס באדערט ווען מען הערט ר איתמר רעדן מען זעיט אז ער האט א סך נאליטש אין ער רעדט א זעכע נארישקייטן איך בין דא איך בין דארט מיין מאמע מיין טאטע א זעכע זייטיגע נארישקייטן אז מען קען פין זינען א ראפ גיין
א שאד

סאו איז עס דיין פראבלעם.
איך הער עם עכט נישט אזויפיל אבער איך ליין דורך זיינע ביזנעס ארטיקלעך אינעם המודיע און אסאך מאל האב איך גאר שטארק הנאה.

שרייבן שרייבט זיך אביסל שווערער אזויפיל זאטיגע נארישקייטן
אוועטאר
בשעה שיש
שר האלף
תגובות: 1201
זיך איינגעשריבן אום: דינסטאג יוני 26, 2018 5:35 pm
לאקאציע: עולם החלומות

• ציטיר

תגובה דורך בשעה שיש »

שטיין האט געשריבן:
א שאד

סאו איז עס דיין פראבלעם.

בכלל נישט ער האט נישט אזויפיל נארישקייטן אזויווי די זאגסט אנפאנג זאגט ער ווי ער איז און א גאנצע צייט רעד ער צום דבר
לעולם חשבתי יותר משדברתי
ודברתי יותר ממה שכתבתי!
אוועטאר
בשעה שיש
שר האלף
תגובות: 1201
זיך איינגעשריבן אום: דינסטאג יוני 26, 2018 5:35 pm
לאקאציע: עולם החלומות

• ציטיר

תגובה דורך בשעה שיש »

בשעה שיש האט געשריבן:
שטיין האט געשריבן:
א שאד

סאו איז עס דיין פראבלעם.

בכלל נישט ער האט נישט אזויפיל נארישקייטן אזויווי די זאגסט אנפאנג זאגט ער ווי ער איז און א גאנצע צייט רעד ער צום דבר

אזעלעכע הערליכע שעורים פאר פרי וועסטו און ערגעץ נישט באקומען און רעד דיר נישט אפ אזויפיל
לעולם חשבתי יותר משדברתי
ודברתי יותר ממה שכתבתי!
Of course
שר האלף
תגובות: 1247
זיך איינגעשריבן אום: מיטוואך יולי 11, 2018 1:09 am

• ציטיר

תגובה דורך Of course »

בשעה שיש האט געשריבן:
בשעה שיש האט געשריבן:
שטיין האט געשריבן:
א שאד

סאו איז עס דיין פראבלעם.

אזעלעכע הערליכע שעורים פאר פרי וועסטו און ערגעץ נישט באקומען און רעד דיר נישט אפ אזויפיל

There's so many places here in ivelt where rev Issumar is being discussed.. I'll add my two cents too.

let's take Kol mevaser as an example.
He is supposed to deliver a business lecture. Every single week.
He feels that it's his platform. it you don't like the way I talk them don't listen. no obligation.
what he doesn't realize is that even though it's free, you can take advantage I'm such a platform. people work. people are busy. people lile to learn. People are "really" looking for advice. not just Yeshivah buchrim that are trying to waste their time somehow.

If he would see it that way then there would never be any issues. He wouldn't have the guts to talk about his grandmother. He would make sure to fill the time with tips that people could use in their day to day business life.

Besides the point. No matter if he gets paid or not. The biggest reward is getting the weekly business platform on kolma. The publicity is for sure his'. (Whether it's to the good or bad, that's his choice)
No one is forcing you to listen to it. but if you come up as a business lecturer, then do your job properly. T hats what your here for. you don't have to do it. but if you do it, do it right. (leiter sukkah..?)

And same goes to every platform.
אהק
שר חמישים
תגובות: 54
זיך איינגעשריבן אום: דאנערשטאג יוני 08, 2017 6:02 pm

• ציטיר

תגובה דורך אהק »

R' Of Course,

You are certainly entitled to your opinion.

I'd argue that if i said i was giving a lecture on the topic of kashrus of strawberries, and everyone showed up, and I discussed that Shushi is muktze on shabbos per the shulchan aruch (raw fish!!) that would be unfair.

my weekly kol mivaser shuir is not like that. it is, publicly and officially, a "kosher podcast" where i discuss what interests... me.

if it's things that are fascinating to others, (which it seems to be... B'H) that's wonderful. I wouldn't keep doing it unless it was enjoyable for me, and if people weren't listening, it wouldn't be. :grin:

Two more points:

1) i can tell from the number of listeners how interesting a shuir was. how many people listened? how many comments, email and voicemail? how many people hung up in the middle? how many new phone numbers called vs. the repeat listened, week over week? how many new consultations (and grand slam sales) did the shuir generate that week?

2) It's an issue with your perception, not the reality. you (reb of course) decided that it should be a certain way because in your mindset, that's how it should be. but real life is not that way, at least in this case.

if you decided that "it's unfair for malls to charge admission to enter", that would be your opinion. if everyone agrees with that opinion, and your local mall starts charging admission, it would fail because no one would enter. if, in fact, a $5 admission fee was charged, some people might stop shopping there.. while others might be glad to pay the $5 admission fee to have a better air conditioned mall, more parking, and free rides on the "merry go round" on the bottom floor.

Now, if the stores renting mall space started selling less because less people were coming, they would certainly complain. but if "richer" people kept coming, and came more often because there were no parking issues and because the mall is now paying a better cleaning crew to keep it spotless, and now has valet parking and bag service to your car, it is the "bottom line" that would be koveia if in fact, it was a good idea... or not.

since i'm the one who takes the time, to make the shuir each week, and baruch hashem do so profitably, "the market" has evidently voted with its feet (or phone calls...) and decided that they like what i have to offer. I don't know if it exists, but if anyone else is offering more edutainment (education that i entertaining) i'd be delighted to share or even give up the hard-earned title of the most listened to yiddish language business shmeese.

As a smart group of ivelters, i'm sure there are people behind their keyboard who may want to "shlug up" what I wrote... be my guests. "ain hamashal doem linimshal,, because..."

i'm listening.

P.S. Thank you to those who did take the leap and invest in the Grand Slam! (it's cute that people are spending their hard earned money on a product based on the hours of lectures they have heard that "you feel" is too much about my heilige babeh a"h... :)

P.P.S. malls do charge admission in better areas. they just call it with a "shinui Hashem" so people don't get annoyed. it's called...

parking fees. :shock: :shock:

Of Course!! :grin:

P.P.P.S. you should hear today's (over an hour long, "gradeh" no mention of bobbie, although I did mention the Ben Ish Chai and say a Short Dvar Torah near the end....!) shuir... with a sampler of the Grand Slam!
לעצט פארראכטן דורך אהק אום מיטוואך אוגוסט 22, 2018 3:29 pm, פארראכטן געווארן 2 מאל.
געריבענער סוחר
שר האלף
תגובות: 1268
זיך איינגעשריבן אום: מאנטאג יולי 30, 2018 10:50 am
לאקאציע: אין קאנפערענס רום

• ציטיר

תגובה דורך געריבענער סוחר »

איך רעד און ליין אגאנצן טאג ענגליש, אבער אויף אייוועלט האב איך אלל אף דעסאדן נישט קיין נערווען צי ליינען ענגליש.
קענעס פליז איינער אראפגעבן אין קורצן אויף מאמע לשון?
.When someone tells you: "It can't be done!" Remember: Those are their limits, not yours
אוועטאר
אַבּערוואַס
שר האלפיים
תגובות: 2178
זיך איינגעשריבן אום: מאנטאג סעפטעמבער 02, 2013 5:13 pm

• ציטיר

תגובה דורך אַבּערוואַס »

אהק האט געשריבן:R' Of Course,

I'd argue that if i said i was giving a lecture on the topic of kashrus of strawberries, and everyone showed up, and I discussed that Shushi is muktze on shabbos per the shulchan aruch (raw fish!!) that would be unfair.

my weekly kol mivaser shuir is not like that. it is, publicly and officially, a "kosher podcast" where i discuss what interests... me.

if it's things that are fascinating to others, (which it seems to be... B'H) that's wonderful. I wouldn't keep doing it unless it was enjoyable for me, and if people weren't listening, it wouldn't be. :grin:

Two more points:

1) i can tell from the number of listeners how interesting a shuir was. how many people listened? how many comments, email and voicemail? how many people hung up in the middle? how many new phone numbers called vs. the repeat listened, week over week? how many new consultations (and grand slam sales) did the shuir generate that week?

2) It's an issue with your perception, not the reality. you (reb of course) decided that it shoudl be a certain way because in your mindset, that's how it hsould be. but real life is not that way, at least in this case.

if you decided that "it's unfair for malls to charge admission to enter", that would be your opinion. if everyone agrees with that opinion, and your local mall starts charging admission, it would fail because no one would enter. if, in fact, a $5 admission fee was charged, some peopel might stop shopping there.. while others might be glad to pay teh $5 admission fee to have a better air conditioned mall, more parking, and free rides on the "merry go round" on the bottom floor.

Now, if the stores renting mall space started selling less because less people were coming, they would certainly complain. but if "richer" peopel kept coming, and came more often because there were no parking issues and becuase the mall is now paying a better cleaning crew to keep it spotless, and now has valet parking and bag servi to your car, it is the "bottom line" that would be koveia if in fact, it was a good idea... or not.

since i'm the one who takes the time, to make the shuir each week, and baruch hashem do so profitably, "the market" has evidently voted with its feet (or phone calls...) and decided that they like what i have to offer. I don't know if it exists, but if anyone else is offering more edutainment (education that i entertaining) i'd be delighted to share or even give up the hard-earned title of the most listened to yiddish language business shmeese.

As a smart group of ivelters, i'm sure there are people behind their keyboard who may want to "shlug up" what I wrote... be my guests. "ain hamashal doem linimshal,, because..."

i'm listeneing.

P.S. Thank you to those who did take the leap and invest in the Grand Slam! (it's cute that people are spending their hard earned money on a product based on the hours of lectures they have heard that "you feel" is too much about my heilige babeh a"h... :)

P.P.S. malls do charge admission in better areas. they just call it with a "shinui Hashem" so people don't get annoyed. it's called...

P.P.P.S. you should hear today's (over an hour long, "gradeh" no mention of bobbie, although I did mention the Ben Ish Chai and say a Short Dvar Torah near the end....!) shuir... with a sampler of the Grand Slam!

Very well said!
ווארט א מינוט, לאמיך נאכקוקן...
אוועטאר
שמן למאור
שר האלף
תגובות: 1738
זיך איינגעשריבן אום: פרייטאג יוני 17, 2011 3:00 pm

• ציטיר

תגובה דורך שמן למאור »

אה..... א גאנצע שמועס וועגן די שטותים געשמועסט אין די טייערע קולמע שיעורים.............

אין מיינע אויגן, איז עס שיעורים מיט טייערע וועליו געזאגט גאהר שנעל און קורץ, אויסגעמישט מיט אסאך זייטיגע ענינים (וואס קען ווערן אנגערופן שטותים), און דאס מאכט נאך שווערער צו קענען אויפכאפן די גאהר טייערע געדאנקן וואס ליגן דארט באהאלטן.

אגב, יעצט געפויסט דא די דעי וואכענדיגע שיעור, זאג מיר וויפיל שטותים האסט דארט געטראפן...

און אביסל קלאהר צו מאכן, איך בין נישט קיין צוהערער פון קולמע, איך האב שוין נישט גערופן קולמע פאר די לעצטע דריי יאהר מסתמא, אדער אפשר מער... איך האב אריינגבאמפט דא אויף אייוועלט אין די קולמע שיעור, און איך האב באמערקט די גאהר טיעפע רעיונות וויאזוי מ'קען אפלערנען א פשוט'ע מעשה פון אזויפיל אספעקטן, אז איך בין געווארן ממש עדיקטעד פאר נאך סחורה פון אים, שפעטער בין איך געוואור געווארן איבער זיין אייגענע האטליין און זייט דעמאלטס ווארט איך מיט דורשט ער זאל עס דארט ארויפלייגן. און ב"ה שפעטער האט ער געמאכט א אימעיל ליסטע צו באקומען די שיעור אויף אימעיל.

און פון דעמאלטס ביז היינט האט שוין דאס פאסירט...
Of course
שר האלף

• ציטיר

תגובה דורך Of course »

אהק האט געשריבן:R' Of Course,

Two more points:

2) It's an issue with your perception, not the reality. you (reb of course) decided that it shoudl be a certain way because in your mindset, that's how it hsould be. but real life is not that way, at least in this case.

if you decided that "it's unfair for malls to charge admission to enter", that would be your opinion. if everyone agrees with that opinion, and your local mall starts charging admission, it would fail because no one would enter. if, in fact, a $5 admission fee was charged, some peopel might stop shopping there.. while others might be glad to pay teh $5 admission fee to have a better air conditioned mall, more parking, and free rides on the "merry go round" on the bottom floor.

Now, if the stores renting mall space started selling less because less people were coming, they would certainly complain. but if "richer" peopel kept coming, and came more often because there were no parking issues and becuase the mall is now paying a better cleaning crew to keep it spotless, and now has valet parking and bag servi to your car, it is the "bottom line" that would be koveia if in fact, it was a good idea... or not.

i'm listeneing.

Mr. Of Course speaking.

Dear Rabbi Issamar.

Thank you for giving me, ince again, some food for thought, business ideas, and great advice in business.
I enjoyed every word.
It was Tzim Zach.
I love the way you described the parking fee and the point about who is going to be the clientele.
It actually reminder me of your first Kolma lectures.

And yet, I'll start again listening to your lectures, 'Of Course'.

Keep it up.

We all appreciate it.

No one does it the way you do, when you fit your title of 'The fellow who's lectures are the most popular listened to Yiddish Business Schmooze'

p.s. I am not sure what you were trying to say about the sushi. I think that they do call it business lectures and that's the reason why people call in. They also wana listen to the most popular listened to Yiddish Business lectures. I believe that if it would be named 'Rabbi Issamars stories' it would barely have listeners. at least not the ones to buy the grand slam. so I think it is a bit as the example of the sushi story.

Anyhow, Thank you you for staying in track.
We love that way even more.
אהק
שר חמישים

• ציטיר

תגובה דורך אהק »

R' Of Course,

First of all, thank you for your fine reply!

Someone asked me why i didn't make this week shuir.. "grand slam sampler 1" to be more "grand slam style" and take out all the "uhms and aahs"...

and I explained to them that I WANT the contrast to be very different, so people should understand that for the $1300 investment they are getting not "30 hours worth of kol mevasser" but rather, a much higher level product, more akin to listening to 200 hours of kol mevasser YSBKT shuirim... but totally focused and done on a much higher "shtayger" and deeper level.

When you (chalila, just an example) listen to the radio, and there is an ad about hutznplutz before the traffic or weather, you don't get annoyed- you realize you are not the customer of the radio station, but rather you are the SERVICE that the station is providing it's TRUE CUSTOMER. who is the... advertiser!

(same for facebook! if you aren't paying, you aren't the customer!)

Same for kol mevasser!

When I get paid to speak someplace, it's a very different EXPECTATION and a very different ENVIRONMENT. and the speech/lecture/shmeese needs to match the audiences built-up expectations, at a minimum... or exceed it.

BTW_ did you hear this weeks shuir yet? I think I can make a whole nother product called "grand slam- oimeid al gabbov" where I analyze the grand slam itself and provide running commentary the way i did in this weeks shuir.. and maybe even explain the embedded lessons in business, copy, and human relationships in these posts "about" me and about the grand slam...

Issamar.

BTW- did you hear this weeks shuir yet? you should.

You can hear it on KolM or on my Line 718-538-9539 as well. or via email at http://www.rabbiissamar.com/yid weekly to your email...
Of course
שר האלף

• ציטיר

תגובה דורך Of course »

אהק האט געשריבן:
R' Of Course,

First of all, thank you for your fine reply!

Someone asked me why i didn't make this week shuir.. "grand slam sampler 1" to be more "grand slam style" and take out all the "uhms and aahs"...

and I explained to them that I WANT the contrast to be very different, so people should understand that for the $1300 investment they are getting not "30 hours worth of kol mevasser" but rather, a much higher level product, more akin to listening to 200 hours of kol mevasser YSBKT shuirim... but totally focused and done on a much higher "shtayger" and deeper level.

When you (chalila, just an example) listen to the radio, and there is an ad about hutznplutz before the traffic or weather, you don't get annoyed- you realize you are not the customer of the radio station, but rather you are the SERVICE that the station is providing it's TRUE CUSTOMER. who is the... advertiser!

(same for facebook! if you aren't paying, you aren't the customer!)

Same for kol mevasser!

When I get paid to speak someplace, it's a very different EXPECTATION and a very different ENVIRONMENT. and the speech/lecture/shmeese needs to match the audiences built-up expectations, at a minimum... or exceed it.

BTW_ did you hear this weeks shuir yet? I think I can make a whole nother product called "grand slam- oimeid al gabbov" where I analyze the grand slam itself and provide running commentary the way i did in this weeks shuir.. and maybe even explain the embedded lessons in business, copy, and human relationships in these posts "about" me and about the grand slam...

Issamar.

BTW- did you hear this weeks shuir yet? you should.

You can hear it on KolM or on my Line 718-538-9539 as well. or via email at http://www.rabbiissamar.com/yid weekly to your email...

Hi,

And yes.... I did. even before you told me to.
And yes, I think I wrote you something about it... I was amazed. Ya, that's what I like. me and most of us. I call it a "higher vocabulary" lecture.
And I extremely enjoyed it. (yet not to pay for it that amount, my business is still in its earlier stages) I think that the reason why I was sooo turned off in first place was because I was expecting this..

Anyhow, now I could call it "constructive criticism" : )
אהק
שר חמישים

• ציטיר

תגובה דורך אהק »

zolst zayn gebentsht oif tumid :)
אהק
שר חמישים